Ear Candles (was ear wacks)

Danny Moore danmoore@ih2000.net
Tue, 06 May 1997 00:35:09 -0500

Barrie Heaton wrote:

> "have you herd of ear candles".  Both had not herd of ear candles
> and one said " only in
> the USA do weird medical practices come from :-)" her words,  not
> mine.  That of course dos not mean it is not true.

Barrie, you may have meant to say that does not mean it IS true, but I
suspect what you actually typed is more the case!

I first learned of this procedure several years ago in Sedona, Arizona,
home of financially secure, new age types.  My wife had the procedure
done; they used a mixture of exotic herbs and who knows what else.  She
said it felt great, improved her hearing, cured an earache and generally
was worth the cost (I forget how much, but it seemed high for burning
herbal & wax cones stuck in your ears!)

I declined the procedure, just didn't feel comfortable about burning wax
cones stuck in my ears.

Danny Moore
Houston Chapter