Night Club Piano Grunge

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Thu, 08 May 1997 09:54:58 +0000

> Date:          Thu, 08 May 1997 08:31:04 -0500
> From:          atodd@UH.EDU (Avery Todd)
> Subject:       Re: Night Club Piano Grunge
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

My advice is to buy a quality boar bristle paint brush.  It will
last until the customers dog chews it up.  Which happened to
me...Forget about the nylon bristle ones they just get funky in
no time.  The only way to break up spilled drinks is with water
and a toothbrush.  The problem is will the clean up cause rust
in the future?  I believe if you vacuum up the excess moisture
as you cleaning, another words have the vacuum running and
picking up material as it comes loose, you will be OK.  When
done use a hair dryer, on low heat, to dry the area, tuning
pins, strings etc. throughly...Yes you will really screw up the
tuning.  By the way does everyone carry a small vacuum and brush
for normal servicing?

ilvey
Pacifica, CA