Acrosonic Spinet

Tunapiana@aol.com Tunapiana@aol.com
Thu, 08 May 1997 22:26:18 -0400 (EDT)

<< Bass hammers up towards the break hitting LH string
 of next note; causing two notes to sound when damper pedal was being used.
 They told me about this when I arrived (although they described it as two
 keys sticking down together -- everything is a sticky key or a tuning
 problem, I guess...).  5 or 6 notes in a row doing this in the bass
 (obviously just 2 strings per note here).  Also had two badly bouncing /
 double striking hammers in this same virused section. >>

Get there early and allow some time to file the hammers a bit and then space
as needed- if the key dip is correct or not too deep check the let-offs, the
backcheck wire could be adjusted (bent so the TOP of the backcheck is closer
to the catcher-seems that when the felt gets packed down or worn this helps
the "bobbling")
Maybe you could sell them on a complete regulation job with repairs-sounds as
if it really needs it....Good luck

Greg Torres, Technician
Niceville, Fla
Tunapiana@aol.com