Electronic Tuning Aids

Pianotoone@aol.com Pianotoone@aol.com
Sun, 11 May 1997 17:53:26 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Pat:  You really should learn to tune aurally.  Start with a tuning
fork.  The only thing you can really use the Korg tuner for is your initial
pitch.  Because of inharmonicity you can't even use it for the temperment
octave.  Learn to tune aurally.  You'll never be sorry and then wait until
you can afford a S.A.T.  After tuning aurally you will understand even better
how to use the SAT.  I tuned for 10 years before I bought a SAT and still
tune aurally part of the time.  Just a Michigan opinion.  But good luck to
both of you, anyway

Dick Day
Marshall MI