Laptop? (was Re: SAT for JP ?)

Gilreath@aol.com Gilreath@aol.com
Mon, 12 May 1997 07:22:30 -0400 (EDT)

<< Hi JP, Warren, and list,
 	$1200 is a serious investment, for $300 more, you could get a very
 fast pentium laptop (some slow pentium laptops cost even less than a
 grand).  Does anyone use a laptop to tune a piano?  if so, how is it
 different from a electrical tuning device?  What software do you use?  Or
 any comment?

Kuang,

I'm working on using a Toshiba Multi-media Pentium laptop running Windows 95
with Bob Scott's TuneLab 97 software package.  Still working on setting all
of this up but am expecting to use it in place of the Accu-Tuner as well as
have access to my accounting files, scheduler, databases, mapping software,
etc.  I'm also getting it set up to use in place of the digital storage
oscilloscope, multimeter and component cross-reference for electronic work.
 And if I have the time (ha, ha) maybe I can play a game or check me email.

Feel free to email me privately if I can be of help to you.

Allan

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT
Gilreath Piano & Organ Co.
Berry College