Flat A

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Mon, 12 May 1997 09:45:55 -0600

At 10:02 AM 5/11/97 -0500, Richard wrote:

>If a tuner references a C fork and tunes by ear, the A might be off.
>Like wise with a A fork, the C can off.    Unless of course you are
>as good as a machine  ; )

My father (and grandfather) always tuned with C=523.3 fork. Whenever I'd
check my dad's A against my fork it was always dead on!

I didn't like tuning from C much and switched to A shortly after Dad taught
me to tune. When he'd check my C it was "reasonably close"... B-})

                        John

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com