Steinway repetition

Travis Gordy tgordy@fullnet.net
Mon, 12 May 1997 21:23:23 -0500

John, the school where I tune got a new D last year. Have not had the
problem you reported. When I have had that problem on any piano I have
had success correcting it by adjusting the repetition lever to move the
hammer up quickly: not with a snap, and not slow and easy, but quickly.
And it seems to me I have occasionally changed the angle on the back
check. I feel sure you can fix the problem without major engineering.
I hope this helps, Travis