flat A

Warren Fisher fish@COMMUNIQUE.NET
Tue, 13 May 1997 08:51:05 -0700

Hrschm@aol.com wrote:

> Subj:   Re: Flat A
> From:   H r schm

 Here are four ideas I have that might help explain this .

Thanks Russell, this gives me some other ways to look at things while
trying to solve this thing.  I've also noticed a slight dip in the "A"
on some of my 'yearly' customers now that I've started thinking about
it.  These were all FAC tunings with a SAT.  Now I'm going to start
checking the "F's" and "C's" also to see if there is some kind of
pattern here.  I'm also going to check to see if the previous tuning
included a substantial pitch raise.

One thing that has already happened is that I check the pitch of the
strings on both sides of the "A" and use the average to set my offset.

Warren
--
Home of The Humor List
Warren D. Fisher