Duplex noise ratio

Marcel Carey mcpiano@multi-medias.ca
Wed, 14 May 1997 10:02:45 -0400

Hi List,

I'm having trouble deciding what to do about front duplex sizzling noise I
get on two Yamaha C-3. One is only 1 year old and the other is about 13. The
older one I'm restringing now so the problem might go away. As for the
other, I'm puzzled. If I mute the front duplex, then I loose too much
volume. I know this duplex has a function, but the noise bothers me a lot.
Has any of you found a practical solution to overcome this handicap? When I
move the strings about, the noise sometimes will go and sometimes not.
Should I mute only 1 string per unison? (I don't really like to see all this
felt where it shouldn't be).

Please Help!

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC