violin thread

Wed, 14 May 1997 09:25:14 -0700

Allan,

You wrote:

>Sorry if this seems to ramble, but the subject is fascinating and there are
>probably more people involved in it than we would ever imagine.

What explains is all it that you are a trombonist.   On what other,
seemingly more complex, instrument does one have over 400 possible
"positions"?

Even that most noble of all possible instruments, the bassoon, has only 340
(plus or minus).

Remember, double reed players...

(never mind).

What _is_ fascinating in these discussions is that the more we share our
mutual experience, the better chance we have of doing our work better.  Or,
at least, keeping it in some reasonable context.

Allan, please ramble.

Best.

Horace

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu