FAC

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Wed, 14 May 1997 20:48:33 -0500

Dear list,
Here is one for the educated ones.
When taking the 3 readings for FAC, what do each of the stretch numbers
affect.  I would assume that the first number affects the lower, the
middle, the middle and the upper the upper but where do they stop and start
or does one merely affect the other numbers.
I am still under the belief that using the old stretch number and tuning
the bass by the 3rd and 6th partial and the portion above F-6 tracking the
individual notes and stretching accordingly gives better results although
it cost more time.
Does anyone know what I am asking?
Thanks,
James Grebe from St. Louis