Tuning Program For IBM Laptops: TuneLab

Michel Lachance chance@InterLinx.qc.ca
Thu, 15 May 1997 18:29:39 +0000

Richards88@aol.com wrote:

> Although I have not used it, I've heard great things about the CyberTuner.
>  Does anyone out there have any experience with the TuneLab program for IBM
> compatibles?  How does it compare to the CyberTuner on the Mac?
>
> Richards88@aol.com

The Cybertuner consists of several programs into one.  First, it makes
a links between your SAT and your computer in order to store and edit
your piano tunings (Tuning Pages).  It also tailors a perfect tuning
just by listening to few notes on the piano, or simply by calculating
the measurements of some strings (speaking length and diameter).
Finally, it can tune a piano after a stored tuning.

>From what I can see of Tunelab (I cannot use it since my Compaq
Pentium Laptop does not have a soundcard), it only performs the tuning
taken from a tuning file.  You have to make your own file, or custom a
tuning yourself, in order to tune a piano.

Regarding price/quality ratio, Tunelab wins by a whole length:
Cybertuner sells for 700$ and Tunelab is a shareware (39$).

Regards,

Michel Lachance, RPT