Piano Tuning and Aviaiton

w sikora sikora@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Thu, 15 May 1997 21:52:45 -0400

I learned to tune aurally but I've used the Accu-Tuner for over ten years
now.  When it broke down last Thursday I immediately sent it to
Inventronics.  It was to be gone only a couple days. I re-scheduled my
tunings for those days.

I could have kept those appointments and done the tunings aurally, but I
believe it would have taken me about three times as long to produce the same
quality tuning that would have been accomplished with the use of the Accu-Tuner.

One of my recent customers said that her last tuner took over three hours to
tune her piano. Yet she liked my tunings better. If I had to spend three
hours on each tuning, I'd find another vocation.  If a carpenter proposed to
build my new house with a handsaw, I'd probably look for another carpenter.

Still, those tuners who can do an excellent tuning aurally in a reasonable
amount of time have my admiration.

Walter Sikora, RPT
Chapel Hill, NC

 My view is that no matter how many