pianotech etiquette

Pianotek@aol.com Pianotek@aol.com
Sat, 17 May 1997 08:28:33 -0400 (EDT)

List,
	Couldn't it just be me, but I've just read at pianotech 288 postings in my
mailbox, of which 103 were without any technical info [unless you count 'I
agree/disagree' statements as such].
	Perhaps these 103 actually should have been subject titled 'Yes, I know that
my response/posting really should be privately e-mailed to those concerned
but I really don't care enough to spare everyone the time and disk space it
requires to deal with these postings and would really love everyone to have
to indulge me as I love to hear myself in public forums...'
	It's not my nature to be sarcastic or cynical, but the valuable [potential]
resource this list provides becomes so diluted/polluted with extraneous junk
mail that it can feel demoralizing.
	I, in no way, want to disparage any particular personalities but perhaps a
new separate list should be set up to accommodate the social and emotional
stroking that is rampant on this list.
	I also enjoy a sense of humor and personability [?] but feel that such can
be effectively experienced without the list becoming happy hour at the tech's
lounge.
	If anyone has any thoughts on this matter PLEASE E-MAIL ME as I feel this MY
OWN issue, not one that should be aired PUBLICLY!
				Sincerely, with hopes for a better tech list,
					pianotek@aol.com