Used Yamaha keys

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Mon, 19 May 1997 14:12:53 -0400 (EDT)

My thanks to Jim Coleman, Joel, Greg, Steve, ilvey, and especially Jim Bryant
for taking the time to answer my Ivorite question. I hope I didn't miss
anyone. What is the :-) for a deep bow?

When I wrote I didn't have in mind putting them back in the public eye again,
as the last thing I would want is to call attention to a product problem
Yamaha has been SO conscientious about taking care of. Although Teflon and
the original Ivorite happened to go awry, I think we need to be generous of
spirit towards attempts at innovation, even though they failed, or
manufacturers will stop innovating out of self-protection.

Almost any recycling of the parts is right at the edge of viability, since
the labor cost of removal is pretty close to a wash with new capstans, etc.,
but they are so lovely I hated to toss them -- I guess I was expecting more
non-traditional uses like "Soundboard shims for VERY short grands (1'10" or
less)". There were some very sensible suggestions, though (I may use the
backchecks, and make some key plugs), and I didn't throw the keys out.

Thanks again,
Bob Davis