S & S 'M' Hammer line

Bonifield/Poulson bonifarm@oro.net
Mon, 19 May 1997 17:17:52 +0000

Avery:  I maintain a D for a local organization that has the same
displaced hammer line.  I queried Mike Mohr at Steinway about this and
he said, to the best of my recollection, that some times a rebuilder
finds it necessary to put the hammers in this postion to get the best
tone out of that section.  Since there was no tonal improvement by
moving the action in and out, I decided to leave well enough alone.  I
think your time would be spent more productively in voicing the hammers.
Patrick Poulson, RPT