Duplex noise ratio

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Tue, 20 May 1997 08:38:37 +0000

> Date:          Wed, 14 May 1997 18:10:50 -0400
> From:          nhunt@jagat.com (Newton Hunt)
> Subject:       Re: Duplex noise ratio
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

Hi Newton,

I was going back over older messages and deleting when I read
this again.  I can't say that I've heard of metric wire sizes.
Should I be ordering metric wire from Mapes?  I do know that
what it says on the bridge is a 1/2 size off from what the
micrometer says...

ilvey
Pacifica, CA

> >Hi List,
> >
> >I'm having trouble deciding what to do about front duplex sizzling noise
>
> As tuners we hear many things happening in the pianos that are not heard
> three feet from the piano nor heard by the less sensitive piano user/owner.
>
> It is not our job to creat work for ourselves that is not justified by needs
> of performers or owners.
>
> It IS our job to know about these things and what to do about them when needful.
>
> I hope you are using metric wire sizes when restringing the Yamaha.
>
>         Newton
>         nhunt@jagat.com

ilvey
Pacifica, CA