Midi pianos

PDtek@aol.com PDtek@aol.com
Thu, 22 May 1997 01:27:17 -0400 (EDT)

>List,

>I have a customer with a Yamaha S-400 who is interested in >the
>possiblity of adding Midi to his piano.  This isn't something I
>have done and I told him I would post the List.  Does anyone
>know who will add Midi to a piano?  We do not want to do
>anything that will harm the integrity of the instrument.  I
>believe this would entail sensors under the front of the keys >as
>per Disclaviers.  He wants to be able to use his computer to
>notate what he is improvising.

>Thanks in advance...

>ilvey
>Pacifica, CA
>ilvey@a.crl.com

David: Anyone who installs PianoDisc can do this for you. All it involves is
the installation of a sensor strip under the keys, a sustain switch attatched
next to the damper lift tray, and  a small box mounted under the bed
containing the midi interface. The only alteration made to the piano is the
drilling of a hole thru the bed for running cables to the box.

Dave Bunch
Dave Bunch Piano Service