Slow Times

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 22 May 1997 09:19:09 -0400 (EDT)

>Is anyone else experiencing slow times?
>
>     The first four months of this year went like gang-busters for me -
>     April produced a banner month! Then along comes May. Incoming calls
>     per day drop almost to nil!
>
>     This is the first REAL slow period I have experienced while in this
>     business.
>
>     Maybe this is the calm before the storm. Maybe this is just the way
>     the business goes from time to time (I guess I haven't been in it long
>     enough to really know).
>
>     I have spoken with other techs in the San Diego area, and they too are
>     experiencing a similar phenomenon - what about you in your area?
>
>     Any wisdom shared would be appreciated.
>
>     John Piesik, RPT
>
>     P.S. I have not been on the List lately, so if this is an old topic,
>     please have mercy on me.

John:

When I first entered the business 21 years ago, an "old timer" told me that
his is a very unpredicatable business. He said that no no apprearant reason,
your business will slow down for a couple of months, and then pick back up
again. He said there does not seem to be any rhyme of reason for it. What
happens to one tuner does not happen to another. It is not controlled by the
economy, the weather, or the time of year.

I have found this to be very true. If I look back at my inomce for the past
10 years, I could see rises and falls here and there, but they are not always
at the saem time of the year. And If I would comapre my income with anyone
els'es, thre would not be any similarities.

The best way to overcome these slow time is put a way some money to survive
the slow time and to have some projects that can be taken care of at a
moments notice.

Good luck. I am confident you'll get through this slow period, and find a
busy fall waiting for you. In the mean time, take advatage of the free time
by taking a coulple of days to enjoy the family.

Wim Blees  RPT
St. Louis