Duplex noise ratio

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 22 May 1997 12:46:16 -0500

Dave asked about metric wire sizes.  The differences between metric and
American sizes are indeed small in the smaller sizes but become rather
more at the larger sizes.

Other differences are in appearance.  The German wire refracts light
slightly and seems to retain their shine longer than American.

One customer I had in Dallas insisted he could hear the difference
between American and German wire.  I doubt this, but...

I have not tested the metal fatigue factors between the two, but my
impression is that American wire is slightly higher in that regard.

I had both metric and American wire at Rutgers and used the metrics on
the Bechstein, Bosendorfer, the Yamahas and the Kawais.  All others got
American wire.

German wire is available from APSCo and Schaff.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com