CAUT Tuning for recordings

David Skolnik dskolnik@msmnyc.edu
Thu, 22 May 1997 19:00:55 -0400 (EDT)

This question is directed primarily towards CAUTs, I think.  Is there
significant
recording activity at your institutions?  I am not referring to the
recording of concerts,
but specifically things like demo tapes, audition tapes, CD's?  I am asking
because
there seems to have been a dramatic increase in the recording activity at my
school in
recent years, including the somewhat ambiguous area of faculty recording, as
well as
unaffiliated  sessions.  While the school charges a fee if  a special tuning
is requested,
the tuning is currently considered part of our responsibility.

What's wrong with this picture, if anything?  What are your experiences?

David Skolnik
Manhattan School Of Music
dskolnik@msmnyc.edu
212-749-2802 Ext. 455