Duplex noise ratio

EugeniaCar@aol.com EugeniaCar@aol.com
Fri, 23 May 1997 07:41:15 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 97-05-23 02:05:10 EDT, remoody@easnetsd.com (Richard
Moody) writes:

<< Röslau piano wire is listed in sizes 12 - 23 with half sizes the same
 as Mapes and Diamond Brand.
 	The question is, is # 20  1/2 wire the same or different from
 manufacturer to manufacturer?

Richard,

When we got our Hamburg, I called Wayne Hicks at Mapes to order metric wire.
Wayne told me that they substituted a half size smaller to accomodate the
difference between American and metric wire.  He also was kind enough to tell
me that Röslau was made as metric. So I ordered Röslau from Schaff. But to be
on the safe side, whenever I replace a string on a non-American PSO I always
mic the old and the new.

Gina Carter