Jesse French upright horror story

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Fri, 23 May 1997 07:09:28 -0500

----------
> From: Tunapiana@aol.com
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Jesse French upright horror story
> Date: Thursday, May 22, 1997 8:09 PM
>
> Dear list:
>
> Thought I'd share this appt I had today:
>
> Lady with an old Jesse French ex-player upright-piece of junk in a REAL
nice
> home right on the bay here in Niceville, seems she saw this guy at the
air
> force base getting ready to dump it
Dear Tunapiano,
I hand out to all my clients literature which answers most common questions
about tuning and pianos in general.  About 50% of them take the brochures
and put them on a table and I guess that is where they stay.  They then
come in and ask me questions, most of which is covered in the brochures I
just handed them.  I tell them that the answers to their questions are in
the brochures and they should read them and then I will answer any other
questions they may have.  One drawback is that is that it is hard not to
sound smart-allecky in my reply, even though it is the truth.
I have found there is a certain amount of people who wish to remain
ignorant of the facts and go with their feelings.  I guess they are kind of
like Democrats! :)
James Grebe from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com