Out of Tune Yamaha

Terry Beckingham Terry_Beckingham@MBnet.MB.CA
Fri, 23 May 1997 17:53:10 -0500 (CDT)

Ted, Vince and Steve,

Thanks for your replies to my query. I have just come back from re-tuning
this piano. It is a Yamaha P22. I took my Cybertuner with me today to check
it out. This time, instead of the piano being low in the tenor area, it was
slightly high in pitch throughout but to a greater extent in the treble. The
minister said he had filled the humidifier twice in the last four weeks.
That seems excessive to me. I checked to ensure that I had plugged the
humififier and dehumidifier into the correct sockets on the humidistat. They
were correct. The relative humidity in the building is about 30 percent, but
probably jumps considerably when the church is full of people breathing out
moist air. I don't know if this would have an effect when this only happens
about 1 hour per week.

Steve, I think you have probably hit the nail on the head. It may very well
take longer than a month for this piano to stabilize.

BTW the plate bolts are tight. That was the first thing that I checked when
they started having problems.

Thanks again for your assistance

Terry Beckingham
PTG Associate