Plate Painting Question

BSimon1234@aol.com BSimon1234@aol.com
Sun, 25 May 1997 03:03:00 -0400 (EDT)

It has been a couple of years since I last cleaned, primed, painted a plate
with metallic paint, and then overcoated with clear.

The brands of paints that I used to use are no longer available and I am
doing a plate soon. May I have some recommendations for the best current
process, type of paint (urethane, or lacquer with bronzing powder overcoated
with lacquer, etc),  and any brand names or specific color choices that have
worked out well for the rebuilders out there?

I want to avoid a possible disaster of overpainting a bronzed plate with a
clear coat and having it turn green or splotchy  later.

Thanks very much.
Bill Simon