Leather dye

DLLegg@aol.com DLLegg@aol.com
Mon, 26 May 1997 07:41:46 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Eddie,
I've been using leather dye for touch-up on sharps for some time now.  First
I lightly steel wool (0000) the entire sharp to remove any oils from fingers,
furniture polish, etc.  Then I coat the entire sharp with the dye using a
very soft camel hair brush.  I find a 1/2 in. flat works well.  Within ten
minutes the dye has dried.  It will go from a glossy "wet" look to dull.  I
follow up with a coat of Deft satin spray finish.
Be aware that any dings or scratches in the sharps will be much more obvious
once they have an even color and sheen.
Debbie Legg
Dunedin, FL