fast repetition

Greg Newell gnewell@en.com
Mon, 26 May 1997 19:36:47 -0400

List,
          Thank you all for your recent help with the fast repetition
problem on a Yamaha MX100II Diskclavier. Those of you who responded gave
some excellent suggestions that were confirmed by Steve Pearson from
Yamaha. The long and the short of it is ... problem solved and customer
is VERY happy! She declares that it was never as good as it is now.
          In the future I will pay much closer attention to the fit of
the keys. I thought, initially, that the balance rail hole and bushing
were good but that is what finally cured the problem. To top things off
the unit has a really cool self diagnostic that tested each key untill
the very last one was corrected. Neat machine!
                                       Greg