Pedal dowel bushings-glue-less: Was CA glue quirk

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 29 May 1997 08:38:25 -0500

Another thought:

   Slip a piece of plastic tubing of the appropriate length & size over
the pedal dowel pin.

Avery

>Susan Kline wrote:
>>

>> When trying to quiet jingling pedal dowels in uprights, I like to put 2
>> bushing cloth "ears" through the hole for the pedal dowel pin
>
>Susan,
>
>Another way you can do it is to bush the dowel.  Slip a medium center
>rail bushing over the pins and wrap about 2" of a good electricians tape
>around the pin to eliminate the "tinkle" and keep the bushing from
>falling off.  I have 2 of these fixes going on 20 years with no
>problems.
>
>NO action removal-no messy glue-no gouged knuckles!
>
>A thought,
>
>Warren

Avery Todd
Moores School of Music
University of Houston
Houston, TX 77204-4893
atodd@uh.edu

Help stop Internet spam! Join CAUCE: <http://www.cauce.org/
(The Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email)