Using CA glue as a concrete foundation

Rob Kiddell atonal@planet.eon.net
Thu, 29 May 1997 21:07:15 +0000

>       The use of CA glue with a matrix forming solid, like baking soda, or
> chalk, or marble dust, will form a solid rock almost instantly.  this is
> valuable when you need to form new bolster, or structure.  I have made a new
> surface in a key mortise to glue a felt against.  (emergency stuff now!!)
>  with a toothpick smear of CA gel, a pinch of chalk dust from the black
> board, another drop of gel, another pinch, etc, and all of a sudden, you have
> a shelf of new material that a drop of white glue attaches a piece of felt
> to.  Breathe on it between layers, and it sets up like crazy!!

Yes, yes! I have found that a combination of CA glue and wood flour
(the stuff you find inside your sanding machine) can be used for
filling cracks, epecially tricky bridge repairs that need a low
viscousity  adhesive. Pack the crack with as much wood flour as you
can get in and carefully apply the CA to the crack, it flows in and
sets up quickly, and any overflow can be scraped level to the bridge.

Rob Kiddell
R.P.T., P.T.G.
C.A.P.T. Student
Edmonton, Canada