Recrowning

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Fri, 30 May 1997 00:45:38 -0500

> The fallacy is that the bridges so repaired were now holding the
soundboard
> up instead of the soundboard supporting the bridges.

Good point.  Which leads to, , what holds up the soundboard ?

	Which brings to mind the Tension Resonator  invented by Richard
Gertz and used in Mason and Hamlin grand pianos.   Never could figure
out where "resonator" came from or denotes.  OR why no one else used
it.

	Upon thinking of wedging the bridge, I might think instead of
wedging the sound board ribs in "stratigic" places. Please,  this is
only a "thought experiment" and if it were to happen, could only be
on an instrument I own, and would keep for ten years as one of a
rental fleet for "one nite stands", unless the effort was totally
fruitless.

	Please reply svp to this preposterous idea .  No use in inventing
the wheel for the third time.

	When I was an apprentice, I could have mistaken a derisive
discussion for a sincere one. But how could the Masters have known?

Richard Moody

> From: Ted_Sambell@BanffCentre.AB.CA
> To: pianotech <pianotech@byu.edu>
> Subject: Re: Recrowning