Pinblock separation.

Pianotoone@aol.com Pianotoone@aol.com
Fri, 30 May 1997 16:07:28 -0400 (EDT)

No not the laminations.  The block is being pulled away from the posts and
whatever you call what the pinblock is glued to.  How's that for a sentence?
:-}

Piano is a Baldwin spinet.  Can you loosen the string tension, push glue into
the crack and clamp.  Can you drill thru the plate, block and backing to
install bolts. Is the piano salvagable.

I discovered the problem when I did a pitch raise.  The piano had not been
serviced in ten years.  After using the SAT pitch raise program, I noticed
the piano was about as flat (1/2 step) the second time thru as it was
initially.  After peeling back the felt on top of the block I found the
crack.  Actually one of the square supports is cracked about half way thru
also.

What's the opinion of the list?

Gratefully

Dick