Recrowning

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Fri, 30 May 1997 23:47:43 -0500

I don't suppose you have an extra copy of "Piano Tone Building" you
would sell me?  I  have been trying to get this book, but it appears
to be out of print, and supply houses  have exhausted their supply.
I guess it is now worth at least 10 cents a  page.   Great book.

	Cutting the bridge would seem like a no no. However sound excites
materials differently than proposed in the "Tone Building" book.
(IMHO) Yet it seems bridge cutting has been done enough times to
indicate some improvement must have been attained. When you do  the
string (carpet thread) test and there is no bearing, something has
gotta be done. Of course for the instruments worth a new sound board
and bridge the options are clear cut. However for an instrument I own
and not ready for a new sb, I might try something once, especially
with expert advice.  : )

Richard Moody

> From: Marcel Carey <mcpiano@multi-medias.ca>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu