Xn Changes (was: Need a Mason Expert)

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 00:18:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 30 Sep 1997, Bill Ballard wrote:

> On 9/30/97,  Delwin D Fandrich, pianobuilders@olynet.com wrote:
> >I switched to the dos "clone" system when I started working with CAD. In
> >those days there was nothing available for the Mac. And I do mean
> >nothing.
>
> Here's a little know fact. The mac would have died in the first two
> years, had not Apple persuaded Microsoft to deveople core applications
> for the new platform. Prabably did more for Apple's history than MS's
> $100 in non-voting Apple stock this ummer.
>
> Del & and I should continue this discussion out in the parking lot. The
> last time I went on a jag about the Mac pltform, Don Mannino doused me
> with a fire hose! (1/96, I b'lieve.)

Certainly not wanting to get caught in the middle of a Mac vs IBM debate,
I nevertheless can't resist mentioning the comedian Gallagher's recent
unveiling of Steve Jobs' most recent contribution to Apple--a huge abacus
utilizing Macintosh apples instead of beads! It sure attracted a lot of
attention.

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net