hammer problems

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 01 Oct 1997 22:04:05 -0700

James:
	I had a discussion with a technician about regluing some felts on some
hammers.  He said he had success using clamps from the crown to the
tail, and across the loose felt ends.  This would insure that the felt
in the crown area was solid, and that the shoulders were also glued
tight at the same time.  He said that the  result was good enough that
one couldn't tell where the repaired hammers were by listening.  (If you
have more than a few, it might take a while).  I guess a minimum would
be to push the hammer against the strings while gluing and clamping the
ends.

	Paul McCloud, RPT
	San Diego, CA