hammer problems

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 22:25:05 +0000

> From:          "pianoman" <pianoman@inlink.com>
> To:            <pianotech@ptg.org>
> Subject:       hammer problems
> Date:          Wed, 1 Oct 1997 16:40:56 -0500

I would check the other hammers by twisting the felt a bit to
see if they are ready to give way, which is likely.  If the
rest of set is OK I would move the hammer, shanks & flanges over
to fill in the bad spots.  Then use treble hammers to fill in
the top.  You will probably need to hang a new set of hammers.
I would call the other tech and see whose hammers those are.  I
would try calling the manufacturer and see what they might
offer.

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA