Nose bolts

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Fri, 03 Oct 1997 13:49:30 -0700

Dave,

Ed's suggestion of the dial gage is certainly thorough and accurate,
however I have gotten along fine for many years by using my own "digital"
gage.  You can feel the plate move quite accurately if you just place your
fingers around the nose bolt where it passes through the top of the plate
(also touching the plate) while flexing the plate with the palm of your
other hand.  Just lower the bolt until you feel the plate flex using this
test, then raise it gradually until you feel no more flex.

Mark Story, RPT
Eastern Washington University
mstory@ewu.edu