scary?

Dan M. Hallett, Jr. dhalle@toolcity.net
Sun, 05 Oct 1997 19:57:42 -0400

pianoman wrote:

> Yesterday I went to the mall to a large bookstore to scout out the books on
> Macs and Mac programs.  Today I went to the supermarket and went through
> their magazine racks.  At the bookstore there were no particualr books on
> MAC  but some on the operating systems and none on their software.  In
> their magazine racks were multitudes of magazines about PC's, none on MAC.
> In a large magazine marked testing of 550 laptops, none of them were MACS.
> In the Computer Shopper their were no MACS.  This is somewhat scary to me
> to sink a ton of money in a MAC to run RCT and very little to read about
> and no books to read on the software to run on them except the program to
> run Windows 95 programs which eats up a whole lot of memory.   I looked for
> books on Claris but found none. More thoughts to ponder.
> Tomorrow a summary of the posts I have received on the RCT.
> So far I must say that everyone who responded had good things to say about
> Dean Reyburn and his honesy in answering the hard questions and that his
> honesty is as that of Dr. Sanderson is beyond reproach.  I wish all my
> clients had these same great thoughts about me.
> James Grebe
> R.P.T. from St. Louis
> pianoman@inlink.com
> "Do it because it is right"

Dear Jim and List:

Computer shopper does from time to time have reviews on Mac products.
Their issue of a month or two ago had a review of their new Laptop and
they gave it a good review. The current issue of PC Magazine (Oct. 21
issue) on page 10 lists the APple Powerbook 1400CS 603e as No.9 in its
list of the 10 top-selling notebooks.
Dan Hallett, Jr. RPT
Hallett's Piano Service
dhalle@toolcity.net