Yes, a PC VTD is possible

Robert Scott rscott@wwnet.com
Sun, 05 Oct 1997 23:55:22 -0400

Susan Kline wrote:

>What you are writing makes me wonder if many people out there wish there
>were a PC version of Cybertuner. Is there a good technical reason why there
>couldn't be?

  No, Susan, there is no good technical reason why a tuning program
cannot run on a PC.  And earlier this year I wrote just such a
program.  It is called TuneLab 97, and it is available as shareware
on my web page at www.wwnet.net/~rscott.

  I have not said much about it recently since there have been no
major improvements to mention.  But it does prove the principle
that such a device is possible.  There is a major improvement in
the works that will include a vastly simplified means to measure
inharmonicity.  I will let you know when it is available.

Bob Scott
Ann Arbor, Michigan
(Detroit-Windsor Chapter, PTG)