"cracking" pins

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 22:45:06 +0000

> Date:          Fri, 3 Oct 1997 22:54:41 -0400 (EDT)
> From:          Les Smith <lessmith@buffnet.net>
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject:       Re: "cracking" pins

As someone who just restrung the bass on a Baldwin concert grand
and have those "cracking" pins, I wish I had tried the
"varnish".  I'm going to give it a little time but I may be
tempted to remove each pin and use the varnish and drive it
again.  Am I asking for trouble such as breaking beckets?

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA