Kimballs

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 23:34:03 -0400 (EDT)

HEY, I KNOW THE GUY WHO WROTE THAT! A couple of months ago he posted to
the piano group, RMMP, warning owners against ever letting a piano tech-
nician reshape the hammers in their piano by filing them. Their only
reason for doing so, he said, was to remove enough felt so that they
could eventually suck you into having to buy a new set of hammers. He
went on to say that he maintained a FREE tech hotline for piano owners
who had more questions about piano-technician ripoffs. The number he gave
was 1-800-C-L-U-N-K-E-R. He said to ask for him by name, Richard Head. I
believe, however, that most people who know him well use the shortened
version of his first name.

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net