1870 Steinway vertical

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 00:11:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997 DGPEAKE@aol.com wrote:

> Contact Steinway and obtain a parts list or give them the info you have
> requested.  They usually have after market parts.  It's worth a try and if
> they cannot help you, you did the right thing and to post your need.

Action parts for an 1870 model E, or F upright from Steinway? Dream on!
You can't even get action parts for 20th century Steinway verticals from
them. If Steinway was still making their own vertical action parts, they
would still be using them, and not have turned to outsourcing. How many
DECADES has it been since you've been able to look inside a Steinway
upright and find those vaunted "tubular-metal action rails";"signature"
Steinway flanges; and butts, damper levers and wippens actually manu-
factured by Steinway? And I still can't find Boston on my map of Japan,
either!

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net