Apprentice possible??

S. Brady sbrady@u.washington.edu
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 12:41:41 -0700 (PDT)

Lance,
	You mean you're going to pay *him* for the privilege of teaching
him? This seems completely backwards to me. For some 15 years now, I've
had people pay *me* for teaching them this profession. They buy their own
tools, they pay me approximately $5,000 in tuition, and they render a lot
of free labor in the process. Why on earth would you want to give it away,
or worse yet, pay someone to learn from you?
	Just curious.
Steve

On Fri, 10 Oct 1997, Lance Lafargue wrote:

> What I am asking is; is there a way to let him learn from me and buy him
> tools in payment, or teach him here and let him establish himself as an
> independent tech in the eyes of the IRS, too????  I want to stay above the
> table on this, but I'm not willing to take on headaches and jump through
> dozens of hoops for our beloved big brothers in the IRS so some young kid
> can learn a trade and leave.  I know that this dilemma is not a new one to
> many of you.  My business is small and simple and I'd like to keep it as
> close to that as possible.  Thanks in advance!!!!!!!
> Lance Lafargue, RPT
> New Orleans Chapter
> Covington, LA.
> lafargue@iamerica.net