New Asian Pianos +

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 19:06:35 -0500

Hi Phil,
	Again the thing that bothers me is that the bulk of these pianos made in
China are going to remain in China.  What will that do to an average
Chinese piano student?  Will they learn that the piano they are learning on
 is the norm?  Will that turn them off to pianos in general? On the other
hand, Asians are very patient and may be very forgiving of their own
instruments.  On the other, other,  hand they seem to be very picky as
clients.
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Take me through the darkness to the break of the day"

----------
> From: Phil Bondi <tito@peganet.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: New Asian Pianos
> Date: Sunday, October 12, 1997 3:26 PM
>

> > Remember the brand "Grand Piano" and how rotten they were?
>
> ..i came across my first one about a month ago..a real PSO/POS..
>
> >Can Y-C, Samick, Yamaha, Kawai straighten them out before it is too late
an
> >no one will by a Chinese piano at any price, much less give it a
> >consideration?
>
> ..don't bet on it..as long as it cost the manufacturers less to have them
> built there, that's where they will be built..that's a very general
> statement, but it is also the way of this world..it happens to us all the
> time as techs..someone will call asking for a price for a tuning..and
then
> that person might tell you *well, so and so will do it for X less*...THAT
> customer will go to that toooner..we all know our *better* customers
would
> never consider using someone else..just as well as the *better*
> manufacturers will not use inferior materials or *cheaper* labor..I
> personally have seen some fine Asian Pianos..and I have also seen some
> Asians that i wouldn't recommend to anyone at any price..again, a general
> statement, and works for the domestic side, too..We ALL have seen some
fine
> Y-C's, Yamis, and the like..the trend is to cheap cheap labor and it
SEEMS