Beethoven in the Temperaments

Anne Beetem abeetem@wizard.net
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 21:03:02 -0400

At 04:56 PM 10/13/97 -0400, Ed wrote:

> feel that Beethoven on a Modern piano is certainly closer to the composer's
>intention  in WT than it is in ET.  Key character is worth something.
>Regards,
>Ed Foote

Oh, of course!!  Key character speaks volumes.  By the way, my Steinway is
in a mid-Victorian tuning, one harpsichord in Young, the virginal in quarter
comma mean-tone, my upright in late Victorian, another harpsichord speaks
French, ..... I have to go to my friends house to tune and play his
fortepiano, generally in something which speaks Viennese.

Best Regards,  Anne