Buffing Keytops

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 08:43:48 -0400

> Newton:
> ow slow do get your wheels spinning before there is no problem with
> plastic meltdown?

Rob,

Ah now, that is the rub.

I had to work it out so that the plastic would not burn or melt when
held against the wheel for a couple of seconds without moving the key.
If I were still at the university I could tell you, but since I no
longjer have access to that machine I cannot tell you the motor speed or
the pulley diameters to work out the speed.  Sorry.f

Newer plastics tend top take heat a little better than older plastics.

Try a reduction from 1700 to about 1000 or 900 rpms.

	Newton
	nhunt@jagat.com