CA glue on grands

Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 19:29:09 -0700

Hi Don,
       CA glue can be used on grands, however, I take the following
precautions.
 #1 Remove the action.
 #2 Tape the bottom of the pin block with that shiny electrical tape its
easier to remove.
 #3 Put a sheet of plastic on the action drawer just in case.
 I would only used this procedure in desperate cases, however some of
those Korean contract pianos of 10-15 years ago were desperate out of
the box.
 We have batted 4 for 4 on repinning these cheaply made grands that we
sold 12 years back. The last 2 we also replaced the bass strings, what a
difference. Long term the only solution is repinning or pin block
replacement. Longer term, trade the piano in but not to me. Well twist
my arm a little if the dollars are right.
 P.S. The 7ft Heinman will be finished by the middle of next week if
anyone from the Art Gallery theatre would like to see it.
Regards Roger.