WAS: Re: No sig. file

Bob Anderson fndango@azstarnet.com
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 16:23:13 -0700

To add to Greg's offering: Requiring people to sign their postings would
be no solution',as it is easy enough to sign falsely. I think the point
is that we all seem to respect the convention of identifying ourselves.
It is natural to do so in the spirit of community of the list. When
someone disregards that convention it upsets that unspoken agreement.

There will always be individuals who choose to disregard social
conventions. There is no use in second-guessing their reasons. There are
too many possibilities. We can only choose to be examples ourselves of
what we feel our stance vis a vis society should be.

Bob Anderson
Tucson,AZ