was,..eval sheet, now computer stuff

Jim Kinnear jkinnear@pianoguy.com
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 08:34:38 -0400

Hi Folks
You mentioned that your Wordperfect 5.1 wouldn't  open this document
created in WP 6.1. . . ?
Very Simple .. A program designed in any given year will not open program
files from a similar program from later years. WP6.1 will open files
written in WP 5.1, but not the other way around.
There are a few ways around this problem; 1) Paul could open his form in
WP6.1 and then rename it, saving it in WP5.1 format. There is a choice box
on the 'Save As" window at the bottom allowing one to save any document in
a variety of formats, then re-send this, or attach it to a private email,
like I have done.
Hope this works for you

Jim Kinnear
The PianoGuy,
jkinnear@pianoguy.com
----------
> From: JElving@aol.com
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Cc: paulmccloud <smccloud@ix.netcom.com>
> Subject: Re: eval sheet
> Date: Friday, October 24, 1997 1:57 PM

> << 	It's in WordPerfect 6.1.  I have no idea why you aren't able to read
>  it.  I'll mail you a copy if you leave your address.
>  	Paul McCloud
>  	San Diego, CA
>   >>

> Paul -
>
> I think that it has something to do with the 3 letter extension. My
> WordPerfect 5.1 won't open it - says it is an *unknown Format*. You might
try
> a *.txt* extension, or just simply save it & send as ASCII.
>
> John Elving, RPT
> San Leandro, CA
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Estform5.wpd
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 32276 bytes
Desc: Estform5.wpd (WordPerfect Document (6.1) File)