Do you know this Man ???????

Maxpiano Maxpiano@aol.com
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 06:43:08 EDT

When I was learning tuning in the '50's, Tuners Supply sold me a book with a
title something like "Essays in Piano Tuning" in which the author made light
of the idea that you could tune a piano using thirds.  The greatest point of
wisdom I recall receiving from the book was, be extremely careful tuning the
bass in grands, or a string might break and come hit you, so you would join
the ranks of the blind piano tuners.

Anyone on the list ever have a string break at the OPPOSITE end while tuning?

Bill Maxim, RPT

P. S. John -

PHD means "Poor Head Development."

<<
Actually, though, I thought that someone with a PHD was someone who owned
their own Post Hole Digger.>>