harmonic pedal

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 07:38:58 -0600 (CST)

Hi Jon,

I chased down and printed the information immediately after your last post.
I intended to post a comment at the time but, the more I looked at the
drawing, the itchier I got. It's the same kind of feeling I get watching the
evening news, namely, who's in charge of the asylum? This thing looks like
it was invented by someone with too much time on his hands and limited
opportunity to achieve his desired immortality in a more productive manner.
I, for one, hope this particular revolution dies quickly and quietly (before
any of these show up in my neighborhood needing service). The world, IMHO,
can most probably struggle on just fine without a reverse sustenuto. Just
say no. If anyone were to come up with an automatic volume attenuator (bash
compensator) for large pianos in small rooms, or an "Early Warning Lester
Detector" telephone attachments to warn you not to answer, I could be more
enthusiastic. Or how about an Educator educator? Talk about an untapped market!

Ron

At 12:34 AM 10/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>List,
>Re:  http://pauillac.inria.fr/~ddr/piano/
>
>For what it's worth, here is one last post on the subject.
>Comments?
>
>Jon Page, Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)

"Only users lose drugs"
     -- Taggus Linus --